Friday 13 May 2016

Harrogate District Summer Race League (HDSRL) race 1 Ilkley

Thursday 5 May
First race of the series, I love this route. Tarmac and hilly.
Weather was warm. 
All the runners gathered at Ilkley Rugby Club. There were lots of runners as always for the first race in the series, though not too many from Richmond or Swaledale as it is a long journey for them. Ripon Runners had loads of runners, it was good to see so many. 
The race started on the neighbouring park. There were nasty midges biting exposed flesh but we didn't have to wait long before the start. We ran round the field then along the road before the climb started. The route was crowded at first but the hill soon spread us out. My hill running is not great at the moment but I slogged it out, steadily passing people  as the climb went on up up up. After about a mile and a half the route flattens for a while and then turned for a long down hill, I was passed by some runners but was still catching others, Down down down. Finally we were on the flat run in, it didn't feel flat after such a long down, but now the battle for position began. (Points are awarded for position) lots of overtaking and being overtaken. Just before the turn into the rugby club there was a real push, but I had nothing left and was overtaken on the final section by 3 or 4 runners.
Timing is chipped this year. My time 45:30. My second fastest time on the course. I was 319 out of 378 gaining 16 club points and 30 ladies points.
Fastest time was 26:16 
fastest lady was 31:52

No comments:

Post a Comment